Thursday, December 16, 2010

 My first impression of a piece I saw at an art gallery on TMCC Dandini campus was called," Intermittent Looming" was tall grass moving in a summer breeze. I thought this because it has really tall grass like figures and it seems as if it being moved by a breeze. This picture reminded me of when I was a child living in Mexico I used to hang out in our sugar cane and corn fields. I would just lay on the ground looking up into the sky on a warm summer day and just think about my life and make figures out of the clouds. The piece really reminded me of my childhood and cause me to think of peace and prosperity. The picture looks really calm as if there is no worries, no need for anything, as if its just meant to put you in a trance and relax you so that you too can come at peace.

Intermittent Looming
India in on paper 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment